Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Siamese Challah

I’ve made challah many times before…with my mother…with friends…at Jewish institutes and programs…but never by myself. At 23 years old, I’d never actually made my own challah from scratch, and it was high time. It had to have raisins, since all the superior “challot” do, and since I had them, I decided to give it a sprinkling of poppy seeds on top.
challah
As you can see, the two loaves were rather large, and grew into each other during the baking process…I guess they’re just friendly like that. With one egg, this wasn’t Vegan, and I’m not sure what the omission of the egg would do, since I’d always thought challah was a very “egg-based” bread and used much more than this particular recipe called for. I found my recipe here, although I used fast rising yeast, which cut down on the time frame a bit. I also felt that there was something missing in this, although I couldn’t figure out WHAT for the life of me, and I’ll have to compare with other recipes to try and figure it out.

For now, all I have to say is CHALLAH FRENCH TOAST!!!

Selah.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged