Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Zucchini - Mung Bean Dal

I’m having a very “Indian” themed week, so you can expect a lot more ethnic food over the next few days. I’m going to be making more hot and sour soup as well, but I’ve blogged about it before, so I won’t bore you with those details.

I started my Asian kick with the Zucchini-Mung Bean Dal from the “American Indian Vegetarian” cookbook, which is topped with some spiced onions and served up over a bed of rice. It’s supposed to be made in a pressure cooker, which I of course noticed after buying all the ingredients. I decided to make it anyway, instead using a pot on the stovetop. It worked out fine, and although it was probably more “soupy” than intended, I can’t say I have any issues with that. This had a nice dry spice, and while it was very light on salt…I think that’s true of most Indian food.
zucchini mung dal
The turmeric made the zucchini look like pickle slices, which I thought was pretty cool…and which has no bearing on life whatsoever…This also would’ve been great scooped up with naan, but I’m saving that for another recipe this week, and I didn’t want to overextend my naan-making capabilities too early.



Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged