Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spaghetti...Squash

This was a recipe I got from Vegetarian Planet, and altered a bit since I didn’t have parmesan or walnuts. The exciting part? I made it vegan!! I’d been craving spaghetti squash, something I haven’t had…pretty much since I started cooking for myself, since I’d never really thought to buy it. When I saw the spaghetti squash at the farmer’s market, I knew it was meant to be. I found it ironic that this recipe mixes the flesh of the squash with actual spaghetti (I used whole wheat) giving the dish double meaning if you will.
spaghetti...squash
A number of other veggies were included, along with a serving of homemade breadcrumbs (ie. Toast pulsed in the food processor) and the only real sauce in this was fresh lemon juice. Light? Check. Whole Grain? Check. Tons of Veggies? Check. This was easy, fresh, and delicious, why on earth didn’t I think of it first?

Selah.

1 Comments:

  • THis is brilliant - I am absolutely going to try it. I love spaghetti squash. I actually used to make it for myself when I was in college. I loved it with just butter and salt and pepper.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At September 28, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged