Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Noodle Quiche

This time around, I tried the "noodle Quiche" from Vegetarian Planet, which I'm currently borrowing from the library, but may HAVE to buy before it's due. The book is seriously amazing, it's got tons of recipes, some Vegan, most just Vegetarian, but there are more than a hundred I wanted to try just flipping through...oh to have thousands of dollars just to spend on cookbooks...

This particular recipe is different from normal quiches because it calls for a layer of noodles to make up the bottom crust. The recipe says "vermicelli or spaghetti", but I used Fettuccine...I always have to be different. The pasta crust worked pretty well, but in the future I'd bake the pasta layer BEFORE filling it, to crisp it up a bit.
Noodle Quiche
The other component that really set this apart from other quiches was its use of blue cheese as the sole cheese. (was that repetitive or what) Personally I thought the blue cheese was a little too much and overtook all the other flavors in the quiche, but then I'm not a huge "moldy cheese" proponent in general. My boyfriend is, and he loved the quiche, so keep that in mind if you make this. Overall it was a nice departure from your average quiche, and I'm totally in love with the idea of the noodle crust. I'm also thinking I may try an olive/feta derivation in the future...

Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged