Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Monday, August 18, 2008

Yuca-less, Jamaican Yuca Shepard Pie

I decided to make the yuca shepard's Pie from V'con, only to discover that there was definitely no yuca to be found anywhere in the vicinity. I decided to use additional sweet potatoes instead of the yuca, and to replace the Scotch Bonnet peppers (which I couldn't find either) I minced up a habenero and a half. I didn't have a Jamaican curry either, so I just used my standard Turkish one.
yucaless jamaican yuca pie
Other than that, I kept everything as it was, and I must say that this was really good. It's a very hearty dish, and with so many veggies and vitamins, who needs supplements or a salad? I haven't really seen this dish getting as much press as other V'con ones on blogs and such..so if you have the book, (and if you don't WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???) I HIGHLY recommend that you give it a shot. If you don't want it to have a serious kick, obviously leave out the habaneros and try out a different pepper or a complete omission of that ingredient. I apologize that it's not very photogenic...but then most comfort food isn't. I mean really..think about it.

Selah.

2 Comments:

  • Yummy!! I can't seem to find any yuca either, but I will definately be making the recipe from V'con without it now that I have seen how good yours looks.

    By Blogger Brad and Ahnah, At August 18, 2008 at 3:06 AM  

  • Most comfort food is NOT photogenic. That is so true. Someone gave me this awesome tater tot casserole recipe that I am dying to treat once it gets a bit colder here. I love casseroles and was surprised to find there are so many great vegetarian ones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 18, 2008 at 5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged