Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Friday, August 8, 2008

Homemade Pasta

So this was my first attempt at making my own pasta with my new machine....it could have gone better. On the bright side I figured out what I was doing towards the end, so there were some good noodles...unfortunately there were also a lot of "noodle clumps". The good news is that we live and learn, and I'm already getting hyped up for my next go.
homeade pasta take 1
The sauce was a combination of sun dried tomatoes, capers and mint, reduced down in white wine, salt and pepper. I'm not going to bother with more exact measurements because it wasn't very good and I don't recommend making it. I wanted basil, but for some reason the market didn't have any this week...mint was an odd choice...

In more exciting news...I have a fav icon!!! (That's the little picture next to my url in the address bar or on the tab if you're my style of web surfer.) The bok choy is tiny...but it's there in all its 'fav icon' glory!

Selah.

1 Comments:

  • Making homemade pasta is brutal - I have done it before and always ended up buying won ton skins to make my ravioli! What kind of machine did you get? Mint is an odd herb - there is much it compliments but I would agree that sun-dried tomatoes and capers would probably not work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 9, 2008 at 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged