Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Syrian Tomato Salad and Tuscan Zucchini Pie

veganmofo
I was feeling pretty global last night, so I decided to pull out Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian and see what she had to say that worked with my fridge contents.

Her first offering was a Tuscan Zucchini pie, that looked an awful lot like a quiche without the crust. I replaced the egg in the "batter" with silken tofu, and soy milk takes the place of the lactose version quite nicely.Unfortunately, there's not much more I can say about this. It's pretty bland and boring, and will be forgotten as soon as the leftovers are gone. Thankfully I made an arugula pesto (not pictured) to coat the top of this, and that helped things along, but it's still nothing to write home about.
tuscan zucchini pie

I also whipped together what she calls a "Syrian Tomato Salad". As far as I'm concerned it was an Israeli salad without the cucumber, but to each their own.
syrian tomato salad
Whatever it was, it was good.

Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged