Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Roasted Root Veggies

veganmofo
With a serious chill setting in, I decided to try out a heartier version of roasted veggies. It ended up a little different from my original plan, but still not bad.

Into the casserole dish went: a HUGE daikon root we picked up at the asian market, a couple very large carrots, a large onion, two zucchinis, and 4 beets. Those were hit with some salt, pepper, and fennel seeds, and then tossed in canola oil.
roasted root veggies
I put these in a 400F oven for 45 minutes, but as it turns out, they need a bit longer than that….I’d say an hour at 425F to really soften up and develop all their flavors. I’m not sure how I feel about roasted daikon…it’s not bad, but still has a bit of that bitter “radish” taste to it. I’ll probably stick to my favorite method of pickling from here on in. Beets on the other hand, which normally sketch me out, are REALLY good roasted, the sugars develop and make them really sweet…the only downside is that they turn everything else purple too.

Selah.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged