Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Cajun Meatloaf with Bourbon Sauce and Sweet N' Sour Potato Shreds

Vegan Dad went...and he did it again. He made something so totally delicious looking, that I could practically taste it from the picture, and couldn't think of anything else but consuming it until I'd made my very own.
Photobucket
Vegan Dad's Picture looks way more appetizing than mine, but I can promise I followed his recipe to a tee and that it was absolutely delicious. I've been slowly reintroducing myself to tempeh over the last couple months or so...doing my best to hide it in things and overwhelm its texture and taste so I wouldn't know it was there. Well, I used two entire packages of tempeh in this recipe, it was the main protein component, and I LOVED IT. I just couldn't get enough of this. THANK YOU VEGAN DAD, THANK YOU!!!

Since I was feeling pretty down-home comfort food...I figured meat and potatoes was a good direction to head culinary-wise. My potato component was the Stir Fried Sweet N' Sour Potato Shreds from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian (real "steakhouse" traditional, I know) My mandolin was really what made this recipe, since you need the potatoes to be in thin little shreds for this to work.
Photobucket
The potatoes are only cooked (with a number of other ingredients) for a couple minutes, because you want them to retain a solid crunch. I never thought I'd like almost raw potatoes...but this is really, really good...and I definitely enjoyed when my boyfriend asked "what vegetable is this?".
Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged