Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Friday, January 9, 2009

Apio

This quick celery preparation is something I came across in a cookbook or website a long time ago, and copied to a card in my recipe file. I haven’t the faintest idea where it came from, but I know it isn’t my creation, so sadly I can’t post the recipe. I’m sure that with a google search of “Apio” though…you could find it.

Photobucket

The original recipe only involves celery and a number of liquids, but since we had a bunch of baby bella mushrooms nearing their demise in the fridge, I decided to slice up and add a few. The mushrooms were PERFECT, and when I make apio in the future, I’ll definitely be including them. I’m even considering adding a number of other vegetables to make this more of a pre-meal sweet salad when guests are over. This is meant to be an appetizer prior to a meal, but I made it as my lunch today, since I was short on time and there weren’t many other options in the fridge. I also just really like cooked celery…I’m not sure what it is I’m so attracted to, but I’m sure there are worse foods I could be hooked on.



Selah.

1 Comments:

  • I LOVE the smell of celery. And the taste of it, especially cooked!

    Your right, there are such worse foods you could be hooked on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged