Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Monday, December 29, 2008

Stir Fry

There's nothing overly special about this....except that I used a couple fun new things I found at the Asian Market. One was long, purple eggplant....I simply couldn't resist their fun color...and the other is green tea flavored soba noodles. The eggplant tasted a lot like normal eggplant, but nice and mild, no soaking/salting here, and they weren't bitter in the least. The green tea noodles has a VAGUELY tea like flavor when you ate them alone, but it wasn't noticeable under anything else. They were dirt cheap and they look cool though, so I'll probably buy them again.
Photobucket
The sauce was a combination of black bean paste, hot chili oil, mirin, the soaking liquid from the "dry sliced mushrooms-I wish I knew what the Chinese said, but they're good", and some dried mustard and five spice powder.

Simple and Delicious...and topped with some Gomasio for a bit of crunch.
Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged