Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cornmeal-Masala Rousted Brussel Sprouts with Spiced Yogurt Sauce over Chickpea Basmati Rice

This one isn't a looker, but boy was it filling and delicious.
Photobucket
This was a combination of three V'con recipes (count em!) and not one steered me wrong. I did fail on my secondary mission of getting my other half to like brussel sprouts, although I won a small victory as he DID enjoy the crispy-covered leaves that fell off in the roasting process.

The rice recipe is "Fresh-Dill Basmati Rice with Chard and Chickpeas" in V'con, but I had to omit the swiss chard since I didn't have any, and replace the fresh dill with dried for the same reason. Nevertheless, it was delicious, and I'd eat it alone any night...it doesn't need the brussel sprouts and yogurt sauce to class it up, although they certainly didn't hurt.

The only negative thing I can say about this recipe is that I expected the cornmeal coating to stick to the brussel sprouts and form nice, cruncy exteriors, which never exactly happened...but I like brussel sprouts so much as is, I could hardly say I was disappointed.

Overall this was a great, soul-warming success, although I probably wouldn't recommend it if you're trying to impress a dinner party with real elegant looking food...this ain't that kinda meal.

Selah.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged