Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Garam Masala Stir Fry

We've had a bottle of garam masala marinating sauce that's been kicking around in the fridge for awhile, and tonight was its big night. I marinated tofu triangles for about half an hour in the sauce, and then grilled them in my cast iron skillet, pressing down on each side as they cooked.
I also re-hydrated oyster mushroom, lily flower buds, and shitakes in boiling water, and sauteed them up with minced ginger, scallion, and sliced baby carrots.
Photobucket
The remaining garam masala marinade went over these vegetables and everything simmered as it cooked. The frozen peas went in last, since they don't take much cooking time.

I served this all up over rice noodles, and it was pretty good, although I'm still a bit skeeved out by the slightly bitter aftertaste from the lily buds...now that I've tried them twice I can safely say that I won't buy more once I've finished the current supply. They aren't horrible...I just don't love the taste they impart on everything.
Selah.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged