Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baked Chimichangas

This is another one a la the Vegan Dad Cookbook...I can not recommend purchasing his work enough. I'm not entirely sure why a baked chimichanga remains a chimichanga and doesn't become a burrito...mine looked and tasted like burritos, but who am I to talk?
Photobucket
Whether they were burritos or chimichangas, these were quite good, and real easy to make. My favorite part was definitely the crunch of the tortilla outside when I first stuck my fork into these....I had been concerned they wouldn't really set up like that in the oven...concern abated.

These are good...but could've used something more "fresh" tasting. I'd want to hit them up with fresh shredded lettuce and tomato along with a bit of guacamole in the future...there was a bit too much "brown" going on here for me.

Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged