Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Cauliflower-Leek Kugel with Herbed Almond Topping

I feel pretty safe saying that I'm something of a kugel expert. I am infinitely familiar with sweet desert kugels...sweet dinner kugels....vegetable kugels...noodle kugels...meat kugels (although I haven't had one in years) you name it...I've probably had it in kugel form.

This VwaV recipe, however, was my first vegan kugel, and the actual kugel part was damn good. I replaced the matzos in the recipe with sourdough flatbread crackers which lent the dish a pretty exciting dimension...I just thought the topping was a bit much.
Photobucket
When I make this again (and I will make this again) I'll probably just mix together parsley, dill and panko with a bit of olive oil for the topping. I just didn't need all the almond and additional crackers in there, it was a bit too much crunch for me.

Selah.

1 Comments:

  • It's funny, in German "kugel" means ball. This doesn't look like a ball at all, but so, so delicious. I love those colours!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At February 17, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged