Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Irish Pizza

Ok, the picture does this no justice. It is SO much better than it looks, and while I could've added some sparkle or something in photoshop, I don't think that would have made it look more appetizing, so I left it alone.

I tend to trust Vegan Dad, since in all honesty, he has yet to steer me wrong, but potato pizza just sounded weird. I was dubious about so many carbs on one poor crust, but yesterday was pizza friday, and having not planned ahead, I had to go with something for which I had all the ingredients on hand. Vegan Dad's Irish Potato-Sausage pizza. And OH WAS IT GOOD.
Photobucket
The only annoying thing about this, was that the potatoes didn't actually attach to the pizza in any way, so you had to hold them on while slicing and eating. I promise you though, it was a small price to pay. I wasn't able to eat too too much of this, only because the white sauce that goes on the crust is very rich, and I am forever limited in how much I can eat of anything rich and creamy. My boyfriend had no such issues though, and polished off 3/4s of the pizza in a single sitting.

This was GREAT. Everything about it worried me to begin with...would the recommended breakfast sausage be too sweet, would the potatoes just be WRONG...would the crust ever harden underneath all the toppings? The crust was perfect, as were all the toppings, the potatoes were light and delicious, and the sausage couldn't have worked better. After some less-than-mediocre recipes of late, it was high time for a real success.

Enjoy with your favorite Irish beverage...I did ;)

Selah.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged