Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mexican Night!

I actually don’t think I’ve had a hard taco shell since high school…early high school, so I was pretty excited when we decided to do Mexican Night. We got a package of tortillas, and another of the hard taco shell, and set up a Mexican Food assembly line.

Personally, I went for a taco and an enchilada type thing…really it was a taco, but I tried to roll it up instead of just folding in half:
Photobucket
We got some of the Smartchoice? Chikn Strips, which I sautéed in extra virgin olive oil with a sprinkle of cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Once they were turning golden-brown, I turned the heat off. In another skillet, I sautéed some red bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno with salt, pepper, cumin, and chipotle seasoning. YUM!

The tacos (and enchiladas!) were a stacking process. They started with the Chik’n, peppers and onions, and then got toppings of shredded bibb lettuce, diced tomatoes, Spicy Vegetarian refried beans, and spinach-avocado dip. (All the avocados in the store were rock hard, and this was the closest they had to guacamole.) There was also salsa and shredded cheese, both of which I stayed away from this time around.

The only thing this was missing was a side of Spanish rice….next time…I’ll do it next time.
Selah.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged