Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Apple-Cranberry Sausages

I've been excited about giving these a shot ever since I saw them over at Pamela Cooks. I've posted the direct link to the recipe on her blog, so that you're able to easily check it out.

As luck would have it, the huge chain-grocery store I do my shopping at...doesn't carry dried apples. After canvassing the store and enlisting the help of a dozen or so employees, I had to settle on the reality that a "dried cranberry-apply medley" was the best I could do. I'm creative...and cranberry sausages didn't sound bad.

Sausages are something I'd never eaten much of, even when I wasn't vegetarian, so I'm not sure why this recipe excited me so much, but it did. I've probably had more fake sausages in the four and a half years I've been veggie than real ones in the 18 prior years. Maybe that's why I was so excited about making my own.

They're definitely cool looking, as you can witness here:
apple-cranberry sausage
And they don't taste bad either, unsurprisingly. The only real complaint I had was that they're pretty mild...they don't have that savory spike that store bought fake sausages do. I'm considering adding barbecue sauce into the mix next time... to locate that missing element.

Regardless, they were MORE than edible, and with some Tobasco Sweet and Spicy (new product, you MUST try it!) absolutely delicious.

Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged