Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fajitas and Samosa Stuffed Baked Potatoes

I got some small tortillas when we last went shopping, and had been yearning for something Mexican inspired. Enter fajitas...(I have no clue what the difference between soft tacos and fajitas really is, but who cares.) Fajitas sound cooler. The "meat" for these were my remaining sausages, sliced on an angle and fried up until crisp. The Veggies were a combination of sliced onions sauteed in red wine, garlic, and a handful of "frozen stir fry medley". I'm not huge on frozen vegetables, but at times like this, when the fridge is pretty much empty, they come in handy. We didn't bother with a cheese for these, and to be honest, they didn't need one. We did use some store bought "fajita" sauce which was quite good on the sausages especially.
fajitas
I gave all the tortillas a nice toast in the skillet before filling them, and while they may not look very different, it makes a world of difference in taste.

On a more Indian note (because that's anywhere near Mexico)I also made the Samosa Stuffed Mashed Potatoes from V'Con. I actually followed the recipe to a T, which is rare for me, and they came out pretty well.
samosa stuffed baked potatoes
The only real complaint I had with these was a lack of salt. I would definitely add salt and perhaps chili flakes next time I make them, but on the whole they come highly recommended. Now that I think of it, putting some Braggs in the filling mix might work out well too.

In other news, we are going on vacation for a week...ie. I probably won't be doing any cooking. I still have a backlogged meal to post about, which I'll try to do while we're away, but if not, it'll be delayed a bit. Even more exciting, my boyfriend gave me my birthday presents a bit early tonight, and I now own a pasta machine and Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian cookbook (I nearly cried when I had to return it to the library) so expect treats from both of those coming to a Veggie food blog near you!

Selah.

1 Comments:

  • These looks so good - I love veggie fajitas. i always got them at Chili's. They are excellent there and they serve them with this incredible chimmichurri sauce!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 5, 2008 at 2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged