Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Jelly Cupcakes

These were the first cupcakes I've ever made...seriously, so I was pretty concerned about how they'd come out. I should never have feared.
Photobucket
I got the Jelly Cupcake recipe from V'con, and chose that one for a couple reasons...1. It looked quick and easy, 2. It reminds me of Chanukah time Jelly donuts, and with all the Christmas hype already, I needed some holiday cheer of my own. Go figure...I choose thanksgiving week when I'll be getting plenty of calories to try out baked goods...I'm horrible.

I thought the jelly in these (I used lyngonberry) would actually sink completely into the batter and create a fruity surprise in the cupcake...but no such luck. As you can see, it sunk in a bit, but remained very evident at the top of the cupcake.
Photobucket
Selah.

1 Comments:

  • That's actually the first recipe I planned to make out of V'con but instead I ended up making the Apple Cupcakes (I can't remember their exact name but they're on the same page as the jelly ones).

    By Blogger Rose, At November 25, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged