Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sicilian Eggplant Stew

This is the last of Jamie Oliver, I swear. This one is called a "stew" although I really think it'd be best suited served up on a crusty piece of bread. We're out of bread at the moment though, so I ate it "stew-style" and I must say it was quite good.
Photobucket
The eggplant was kind of cooked to oblivion, which was probably more my fault than Jamie's, I left it alone much longer than I should have while trying to get all the other ingredients chopped and prepared.

I really liked the green olives in this more than anything else...while I love to snack on green olives, I don't cook with them much, mostly because they're a pain to de-pit. I'd say it was worth it in this instance though, and they married extra well with the capers which were also involved.

Selah.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged