Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sesame Aspargus and an Old Favorite Improved

I made a green salad with the homemade miso dressing from Vegetarian Planet as well, but it isn't pictured.

I said there would be more asparagus if they continued to look so delicious, and here it is:
Photobucket
This is the sesame asparagus recipe from VwaV, which is really simple, but good. I've never had an issue with Asparagus and soy sauce to date, and I was pretty happy with this. I managed to undercook the asparagus a BIT, so that the thicker fronds had a little more crunch then I like, but they were still very yummy.

The entree of tonight's meal was the Lychee Seitan I came up with awhile ago, but with the additions of some sliced red bell and carrots.
Photobucket
Not only did this photograph beautifully, but it tasted great too...I think I'm just obsessed with lychees. They're so damn good.

Selah.

2 Comments:

  • asparagus really is my favorite green vegetable! i have never had lychee (don't even know what it is really), but i always hear of it!

    By Blogger Virginia, At March 26, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

  • Mmmm lychee is great...they're almost impossible to get fresh in this country, although I did see them at price chopper ONCE...I used to buy a bag of fresh lychee all the time when I was in Israel.

    They kind of taste like a really good green grape..with a completely different texture...it's really hard to describe

    By Blogger be'ershevaboheme6, At March 26, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged