Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

BBQ Seitan-Coleslaw Sandwiches and Sweet n'Sour Mung Beans

This meal was ok. I'm warning you in advance that it wasn't stellar...what can I say? Having cooked it, I'd like it to be stellar, but I can't lie to you, it was just ok.

Not being in the mood to do any heavy-duty cooking, I decided to use up my remaining seitan cutlets in the BBQ Seitan-Slaw sandwiches from V'con. Those were actually really good (the cutlets)and after some intense grilling drenched in BBQ sauce, I couldn't hope for a better seitanic ending.
BBQ seitan coleslaw sandwich
The dish was a little downhill from there. I had half a stale baguette in the fridge, and figured I could just nuke it for a renewed softness. That worked...for about a minute and a half, after which it was once again...hard as a rock. I'd decided to be creative and get a pre-cut broccoli slaw at the supermarket instead of the plain jane cabbage kind. Moral of the story? Sometimes plain jane is good...the broccoli just wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. At least the seitan was great...remember the seitan.

To back those up, I decided to make the Sweet and Sour Mung Bean Sprouts from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian
sweet and sour mung beans
These weren't bad, but as much as I love the cookbook, I can't say there was ANYTHING particularly exciting about them

Ah well...everyones doomed to a dinner of the blahs from time to time.

Selah.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged