Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

Potato Salad and Seitan Cutlets with Chili Chocolate Mole

Considering I totally made it up as I went, this potato salad is really good. In fact I'll probably make it the same way again and again in the future. It started off with chunked, boiled potatoes, and acquired whatever I had in the fridge along its journey.
potato salad
Ingredients
2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, washed and diced.
1 cup frozen peas
handful cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, minced
1 large sour pickle, chopped
1 scallion, sliced into rings
Mustard
Nasoya spread
Sweet Paprika
Dill
Salt and Pepper

Instructions
1. Cover potatoes with water, salt, and boil, once they boil, cover and allow to simmer until easily pierced with a fork.
2. Drain potatoes. Throw in peas, followed by the other veggies, spices, mayo, and mustard. Mix everything together.
3. Enjoy!!! (Can you tell I love recipes where the instructions are simply "mix everything together")?


Alright, admittedly, the main course looks like poop. There. I said it..it looks like poop. And while I'd admittedly never eaten poop and can't compare, I'm willing to bet this was a whole lot better.
seitan cutlets with chocolate mole
I made the seitan cutlets and chili chocolate mole; both from V'con. The cutlets were a little strong...I think replacing the veggie broth with miso broth was a bad choice. The mole on the other hand..IS REALLY REALLY good. There's tons leftover, and I'm excited to see what else I can smother in the stuff.

Selah.

3 Comments:

  • Your potato salad sound delicious! And I've been dying to try that mole sauce but I couldn't decide what to put it on....I'll definitely be trying it on the cutlets!

    By Blogger Amy, At July 12, 2008 at 6:22 AM  

  • Yeah that seitan looks not especially appetizing under the mole. But then I have an aversion to seitan. After reading how its made (and called wheat-meat) I am just too creeped out to try it.

    The potato salad on the other hand looks great. I love innovative potato salad recipes. Don't you think potato salad is one of those super summer foods?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 12, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

  • I love seitan...I'm very into the texture, but this ended up way too salty with the miso. Potato salad is great though, and having had it again for lunch today...I can confirm that this one definitely improves with age as well!

    By Blogger be'ershevaboheme6, At July 12, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged