Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Monday, July 7, 2008

French Onion Soup...

Does not photograph well, but tastes REAAALLLY good. I used the recipe in the Jamie Oliver cookbook in which he actually gave the choice of whatever stock you like, I obviously chose Veggie.
french onion soup
The concept is a lot easier than I'd expected for some reason. Sautée a whole bunch of sliced onions with oil and butter, add garlic and spices, and a bunch of soup stock. Simmer, and then pour the whole thing over a slice of baguette in a bowl. Cover with cheese and melt.

That's it...REALLY. I didn't want to copy Jamie's recipe into here for copyright reasons, but in all seriousness, the above is exactly what I did. I used Fontina cheese, I believe he recommended Gruyere...obviously you can choose whatever you want, as long as it melts.

I've never had soup for breakfast before, it was kind of fun. Come winter, I may do this more often.

Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged