Bok Choy Bohemia | A Vegetarian Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pea Soup and Jamaican Jerk Seitan

First off...I have to give credit to Jamie Oliver, he redeemed himself with this one. The only change required to make this soup vegan was replacing the chicken broth with vegetable...or in this case "not chik'n broth". You can't see it in the picture, but this is chock full of fresh peas, undoubtedly the best part. I can't stand split pea soup, but I love the real thing.
Photobucket
This also had broken up spaghetti in it, not to mention a whole bunch of onion, and a delicious broth. This could definitely be my vegan replacement for chicken noodle soup...

The second recipe I made was the Jamaican Jerk seitan from Vegan with a Vengeance, and although you can't see much in the picture, this was REAL good. Whenever I try a new seitan recipe I'm convinced it's the best ever until I try the next one....so for now, we're calling this the best ever, which I'm sure will change.
Photobucket
The only thing I could say about this recipe is that if you're not a fan of green pepper (some people I know aren't) it is pretty powerful in this. Happily, I have no such qualms, and I enjoyed this mightily. Another great recipe from VwaV, I can add it to the tempeh bacon as a standard to be further enjoyed in the future.

Selah.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged